Recently, in a wedding event organized by our group – AV Creation, I indulged in a formal conversation with a senior citizen (Mr. Baker). While we were having tête-à-tête, he precisely pointed out the comment about his feeling toward DJ music and its role on a successful wedding. He mentioned that back in his days when he was getting married in a church, there was no such thing as DJ music. The wedding with DJ music used to be regarded as obnoxious & waste of time.
But now as things have changed drastically, he sometimes wonder if he would have had much more fun if there was a flair of DJ music into it. Having said those things, you should always be on your toes on selecting the best DJ for your wedding. You can’t just sit back & expect DJ to take the whole load for you. It’s up to you to take the charge and lead from the front. Below are few tips that can help you select your DJ for your wedding.
- If you are hiring a DJ service for first time, the best way to find a DJ is through referrals from your friends or your wedding coordinator like florist, caterer etc. A quick Google research could also do trick for you.
- Be precise to go through their credentials and references. Ask them about their rates and any friendly packages. Like if you hire him/her for more than 6 hours, do they offer any discount?
- Always get your music playlist straight. Provide him/her the list of your songs like first dance song, mother/son dance song, prelude music, dinner music etc. If you don’t want few songs to be played in your wedding just tell your wedding DJ right away. Also let him/her know, if you want him/her to take the request of your guest or not.
- Fix an appointment with your DJ. This is your chance to levy your DJ’s charisma and persona. You want to check the videotapes of his past ventures. You can also view his/her digital equipments like amplifiers and speakers.
- Always be keen to ask if he/she posses an after plan or back up DJ in case of emergency. It helps to continue the flow of music without any interruption.
- When it comes to booking your wedding DJ, prepare a written contract specifying all the details of your reception or ceremony. Always book your DJ before 5 months of from your wedding.
About Us: AV Creation is a group of professional DJ’s, trained & owned by one of the best DJ’s in DC right Now!!! – DJ Tamer. We are also offering a limited edition holiday package for our clients. So what are you waiting for? Call us at: (240) 751 – 7174 and be a member of AV Creation’s union of happy customers!!!